Cloisonné Pins - Jewelry Quality Pins
Cloisonné lapel pins are top-of-the-line, jewelry-quality lapel pins.
Cloisonné pins embody the fine-art tradition of glass enameling started centuries ago.
Cloisonne pins are made from hand-pouring powdered glass into the recesses of a die-struck (stamped) brass pin.
The pins can be plated in gold, silver, nickel and other polished platings.
After being baked in a kiln at a very high temperature, the transparent, glass enamel is sanded and polished to be flush with the metal
lines that separate the colors. This gives the pins a smooth and lustrous look with a jewelry-like finish akin to fine jewelry by Fabergé or Hidalgo. Cloisonné pins are most often used for recognition, awards or membership pins. They are rarely used for trading.
2.00" and larger pins have two spur nails on the back, while smaller pins have one.
Benefits of Cloisonné pins
Disadvantages of Cloisonné pins
- Jewelry-like finish & hard-polished appearance - view plating options
- Very high perceived value
- Beautiful, bright color with lustrous & transparent look
- Highest quality lapel pins available
- Limited color choices - exact color matches not possible - no PMS
- Colored by hand - take longer to make than other types
- Priced higher than other types
- Polished plating styles only (no dyed or antique plating)
- Large or thin areas of color can crack when subject to stress
Other sizes are available, contact us for a quick quote
Order any quantity of pins above the minimum, price breaks simply occur at quantities above.
From the date you place your order, items can be delivered within 30 calendar days with regular shipping or 15 calendar days with rush shipping. Rush shipping charge is 15% of the total order cost. Call us for last minute order information, we can most likely help you (we have made and delivered custom orders in five days).
Order today, delivery will be on or before:
Rush shipping - delivery will be on or before:
Saturday or Sunday deliveries to be adjusted to the following Monday.
Note about pin size: Pin size is determined by the greater of width or height.
Whether pin size is 2.00" by 1.00" or 2.00" by 2.00", that is a 2.00" pin. Plan accordingly.
We are not responsible for website, email or telephonic pricing errors.
The correct item price will always be charged at the time of the sale.